Pshaw, Penhaligon's. And Also: humbug.

I could not -- c o u l d  n o t -- get their website to allow me to order. This was probably down to the universe eying me askance at the cost, but even knowing that, after multiple failures I was still sufficiently irritated to hunt down their "contact us" page and send the following

Your website is lovely. However, when I try to check out, it displays a message informing me that there's an error, without specifying what error or even which field is the issue. Please snap at your developer for me: this is terrible UX design, losing you not only sales but also goodwill. (For example, I would not normally encourage verbal abuse of anyone, even in IT, but am quite frustrated and out of patience after struggling to place this order.)

Also, "wishlist" is consistently spelled "whislist". I'm an American, it's true, but this is a spelling variant I've never encountered before, and I strongly suspect it's merely wrong. You may not care -- perhaps even treasure its bold disdain for hidebound orthography -- but I believe it will likely irritate your (other) customers with OCD.

Happy Holidays, and so sorry I couldn't place my order with you.

Think they'll send me a free Blenheim Bouquet as recompense? 

N.B.: This wee slice of snark was my major accomplishment for Christmas week.


[posted to the wrong blog, of course, and took me three months to notice]

Comments